Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 2:Balance (1-6-13)

Today is day two of my workout journey. Balance is such a difficult thing for me! Those who know me know that i am the most UN-balanced (is that even a word?) person! Seriously i cannot walk with out tripping,falling or running into something! ha ha

So today's struggle was balance with my lunges and Cris-cross squats ( I don't know the proper name. You Cris cross your legs one in front one in back and squat holding your weights out to your side) Yes, i make up my own names for things when I cant remember :) These things kick my butt!

Also I found a really good recipe on pinterest for apples.



Today I would like to introduce you to the most awesome raw apple snack ever. First a disclaimer, I am not liable if you decide to eat this apple snack every day for the rest of your life. A huge bowl of this apple snack was eaten by a group in minutes – it really is that good. And the best part? It takes only 3 fruits and 2 minutes prep to make

What’s even better about this snack is the healthy nutrition! You are eating a full apple plus the amazing juice of an orange and lemon. Think of the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and most of all…think of the children! This is a perfect after-school snack because it takes a minute to make and will give the kids an energy boost to do their homework and exercise

Raw Apple Snack

Raw Apple Snack Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 apples – select a sweet apple like Fuji or Gala (I used Fuji)
  • 1 medium orange
  • 1 medium lemon
Prep:
  • Juice lemon and orange into a small bowl
  • Slice the apple into thin slices (see image below)
  • Place slices into juice bowl and make sure the juice is all over the apple slices
  • Place bowl in fridge for 30minutes-2 hours
Remove from fridge, serve and enjoy! Warning: contents are addicting!
Optional: you can use a green apple in place of one of the other apples to give the plate some contrast for your guests. The green apples (e.g. granny smith) will make the snack even more tart and should explode of awesomeness when you and your guests enjoy!

(the blog where i found the recipe: http://www.letstalkfitness.com/raw-apple-snack )

I would use half a lemon, it was too strong for me

What is your favorite snack?



xoxoxo-licia


No comments:

Post a Comment